BSNL– India’s number one Telecommunications Company. I am using UL900 plan of BSNL. UL900 means Unlimited plan with monthly rental of 900INR (taxes extra). It provides speed of 512kbps, which is good for normal surfing and small downloads.
For internet users who use BSNL Wifi Modem for connection, and you think the internet speed is not optimal (slow), maybe the trick below will be able to help or resolve.
One way to increase the speed of internet connection is to optimize the speed or the speed setting on the BSNL Modem.
Usually the dial-up software to connect to the internet (built-in with modem) is using a modem default setting speed and it is usually not optimal.
After Some Research with my Friends, I Guess we have been able to Resolve the Issues, Now you can Increase your Internet Speed Manually and Double the Speed upto 10X even if you stay in an Area.
Lets Go! We will make this Tutorial as Simple as ABC to carry everyone Along.
How to Increase the Internet Speed of a BSNL Modem:
- First go to windows registry editor. First click on start button. Go to Run. Then just type regedit.exe and hit enter.
- After you get into registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENT CONTROL SET\SERVICES\CLASS\NET TRANS.
- In the NET TRANS folder you will find another folder named as “000x”. The x represents the fourth digit.
- Right click on the “000x” folder and click on new and then on string value.
- Rename the item that appear on the right hand side panel to “MaxMTU”.
- Double click it and it will bring a popup to edit string value. Just give it value “1002″.
- That’s all, keep changing this MaxMTU value until you feel that your internet connection has greatly speedup.
- Check the Speed, Quality and Performance of Your Internet Connection with the High Internet Speed Test.
You can use BSNL self care site to keep track of your bandwidth usage. Once you create an account it takes a day to get updated from then on you can check the site to see your bandwidth usage. Check the unbilled usage details know your current bandwidth.
Visit this link to see my Internet Speed of a BSNL Modem
If you like this post then comment below and share with your friends so that they can also get benefit from this post. Don’t forget to share this on social media websites like Facebook and Twitter etc. Also keep sharing that how much difference you feel after doing this.