BSNL broadband is still the most popular and widely used broadband service in India. BSNL brought the low cost and high speed broadband service in India (Though we are still far slower than other developed countries). Many people use BSNL‘s fixed traffic plans, we need to keep eyes on our usages in these plans.
(Though I am on unlimited plan, I use (love) to track how many GBs. I have downloaded till now.) There are many ways to check the usages. Here I am giving a list of good software, sites and services to check how much internet you have used.
Now let us check what are the options available to check BSNL broadband usage are.
4 options to Check BSNL Broadband internet Usage Online:
- Check BSNL broadband usage status Online via Selfcare portal.
- Check BSNL broadband usage status via SMS.
- Check BSNL broadband usage via software.
- Monthly BSNL broadband usage alert via email.
1. How To Check BSNL Broadband Usage via Selfcare portal :
Recently BSNL shifted to new system of user management which is known as BSNL SelfCare Portal. Through Self Care you can actually do lot more thing other than your broadband usage monitoring. However, its little confusing for first time here, hence I have decided to write a short note how to check usage details on BSNL broadband.
If you have not registered for Self Care Portal, go to BSNL Selfcare Portal and click User registration (for existing BSNL customer) to register yourself.
- BSNL Selfcare for South Zone (Andhra Pradesh, Chennai, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu) customers
- BSNL Selfcare for North Zone (Haryana, Punjab, UP(West), UP(East), Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir) customers
- BSNL Selfcare for West Zone (Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Rajasthan ) customers
- BSNL Seltcare for East Zone (Kolkata, Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal, Adman Nicobar, Assam, Jharkhand, North East ) customers
It is pretty easy though, first go SelfCare portal of your area..
- Login to BSNL Selfcare portal
- Click My Services
- Click View Broadband Usage
- You can check usage details between any given date.
2. How to Check BSNL broadband usage status via SMS:
It is also possible to check your BSNL broadband usage by mobile phones. You will be able to check your usage from your BSNL mobile as well as from other mobiles.
- The first step is to get your landline number registered on BSNL via SMS.
- Send SMS to 52295 using REG STD-CODE LANDLINE-NUMBER; example is given below:
- Once landline no. is registered then you can check current usage of your internet broadband connection via SMS. Let’s check how to send SMS to check existing usage- BBU STD-CODE LANDLINENO; example is given below: BBU 01419876543
3. How to Check BSNL broadband usage via software:
BSNL provide ready-made free software that allow registered BSNL user to check current usage of their broadband plans. It’s a small software application that runs on Windows XP, Visa, 2007, 7 and Windows 8. Download this free software here: Download. This software uses the BSNL broadband usage site data, so you need to have portal id and password.
This software gives the data in bar chart format. It also has a broadband usage calculator which shows the cost for additional usage according to your broadband plan etc. This will help you to monitor and control your broadband usage.
4. How to Get Monthly BSNL broadband usage alert via email
It’s one of the best ways to keep in track of broadband usage as every month BSNL will be sending a monthly alert on your email address and on phone number. Visit http://bbusage.bsnl.in/ and resister your email address for monthly alert.
Register your email and phone number after visiting above mentioned URL. Here you will have to fill up a small registration form for broadband usage alert. Please note that ‘Broadband Username’ will be required. This registration form looks like below screen.